Web3 Certification Board Certification Mark Use Policy
Disclaimer: The term “certified” shall only be used for personnel certifications, adhering to the Web3 Certification Board’s specific standards and criteria. The term “certificate holder” shall only be used for non-personnel certificate programs. Certificate holders are not certified, licensed, accredited, or registered to engage in a specific occupation or profession within the blockchain industry.
1. Purpose This Policy establishes requirements for the use of all Web3 Certification Board Trademarks and Certification Marks/Certificate Program Mark Use.
2. Web3 Certification Board Certification/Certificate Program Mark Ownership The following organizational trademarks are owned and controlled by the Web3 Certification Board:
3. Information about the use of Web3 Certification Board certificate logo, professional certificate, and digital badge.
- Certificate logo: This is a sample of a certificate logo issued to individuals who have obtained a certificate with the Web3 Certification Board. Certificate holders are allowed to use this logo on their marketing material.
Note: This logo is issued only to individuals who have completed the relevant training course and exam.
4. Authorized Use of Web3 Certification Board Certification/Certificate Program Mark The Web3 Certification Board grants permission to use its Certification/Certificate Program Marks to certified professionals and certificate holders who have satisfied all applicable credentialing, certification, and certificate program requirements. Each certified professional and certificate holder is authorized to use only the Mark that represents their specific certification or certificate program.
Non-Assignability and Non-Transferability
Permission to use the Certification/Certificate Program Mark is limited to the certified person and certificate holder, and shall not be transferred to, assigned to, or otherwise used by any other individual, organization, or entity.
5. Web3 Certification Board Certification/Certificate Program Mark Use Policy Violation Reporting Upon receiving information that inappropriate or unauthorized use of the Certification/Certificate Program Mark may have occurred, the Web3 Certification Board will determine if responsive action(s) will be taken, including the following:
- Review of the alleged inappropriate or unauthorized Mark use.
- Communication to the individual(s) and/or organization(s) involved, requesting that they cease the unauthorized use.
- If the Policy violation is not corrected, appropriate legal actions or sanctions shall be taken, including certification suspension or revocation or certificate invalidation.
Version 1.01, January 12, 2024