The Web3 Certification Board (W3CB) is committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism among its members. These Organizational Policies and Procedures are established to guide the behavior and expectations of all members in their professional activities related to W3CB certifications.
Code of Ethics
- Integrity: Members shall conduct themselves with integrity in their professional activities, ensuring fairness and honesty.
- Professionalism: Members are expected to uphold professionalism at all times, enhancing the reputation and standing of the profession.
- Confidentiality: Members must protect confidential information and adhere to the data privacy standards as stipulated by W3CB and relevant laws.
- Competency: Members must maintain a high level of competency and apply their skills effectively in the blockchain field.
- Continuing Education: Ongoing education is required to ensure members’ knowledge remains current with the evolving blockchain technology.
- Compliance: Adherence to W3CB’s certification guidelines, policies, and procedures is mandatory for all members.
- Fees: All certification-related fees must be paid promptly according to the schedules set forth by W3CB.
- Refunds: Refund requests will be processed in accordance with the W3CB refund policy.
- Financial Integrity: Members must exhibit honesty in all financial dealings related to their W3CB activities.
Conflict of Interest
- Disclosure: Potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed to the W3CB by members in a timely fashion.
- Avoidance: Members should actively avoid situations that could lead to a conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Code of Ethics Violation: Violations may lead to sanctions, including suspension or revocation of membership and certifications.
- Certification Misconduct: Misconduct during certification exams will result in severe penalties, including revocation of certification and potential expulsion from W3CB.
- Financial Irregularities: These will invoke a formal inquiry and may lead to legal proceedings and membership sanctions.
Reporting and Communication
- Incident Reporting: Members must report any ethical concerns or violations to the appropriate W3CB authority.
- Contact Information: Members are responsible for ensuring W3CB has their current contact details.
- Official Communications: All communications from W3CB must be read and acknowledged in a timely manner.
Grievance and Appeal Procedures
- Grievance Filing: Members have the right to file grievances regarding their certification experiences.
- Appeal Process: Members have the opportunity to appeal disciplinary decisions through a formal W3CB appeals process.
Amendments to Policies and Procedures
W3CB retains the right to amend these policies and procedures when necessary. Members will be notified of any significant changes and will be responsible for understanding and complying with new policies.
Acknowledgment of Compliance
By retaining membership in the W3CB, members signify their commitment to adhere to these Organizational Policies and Procedures as outlined.